- Agency for Science, Technology and Research
Biomedical research and development in Singapore.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
Investigator-initiated science and technology projects.
- Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy
Gene therapy research to combat cancer.
- Alliance for Lupus Research
Research to prevent and cure lupus.
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
Research into asthma, allergy, and immunologic disease.
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
Research to enhance knowledge and techniques in otolaryngic allergy diagnosis and treatment.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery
Research to improve ear, nose, and throat care through research project, research training, and career development grants.
- American Association for Cancer Research
Research into the causes, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer.
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry
Clinical laboratory science and its application to health care.
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Research and career development awards in advanced/transplant hepatology, clinical hepatology, and basic and translational research.
- American Asthma Foundation
New pathways of investigation in basic research of asthma with strong interest in innovation and risk. No preliminary data or knowledge of the field is required.
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
Research to improve patient care in allergy, asthma, and immunology.
- American College of Chest Physicians
Research to treat and prevent diseases of the chest by focusing on critical care, tobacco prevention, humanitarian service, and clinical research.Many opportunities listed.
- American Diabetes Association
Research ways to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of people affected by diabetes.
- American Federation for Medical Research
Research into all areas of patient-oriented, translational, and basic biomedical research.
- American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education
Support for students and faculty in the pharmaceutical sciences.
- American Heart Association
Research into cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- American Institute for Cancer Research
Research into cancer prevention and treatment.
- American Liver Foundation
Research and career awards related to liver diseases, basic science, immunology, and transplantation.Postdoctoral fellows may apply as long as they meet eligibility requirements.
- American Lung Association
Basic, clinical, and behavioral research designed to find cures for and to prevent and relieve the suffering associated with lung disease.
- American Respiratory Care Foundation
Investigator-initiated research on prevention, treatment, and quality care for respiratory diseases.
- American Society of Hematology
Investigator-initiated research to understand, diagnose, treat, and prevent disorders affecting blood, bone marrow, and the immunologic, hemostatic, and vascular systems.
- American Society of Nephrology
Investigator-initiated clinical and basic research into kidney function, diseases, and treatments.
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
Investigator-initiated research in tropical medicine, including parasitic and viral diseases and other infectious diseases, such as enteric and mycobacterial infections.
HIV/AIDS research, some investigator-initiated.
- Aplastic Anemia and MDS International Foundation, Inc.
Investigator-initiated research to improve bone marrow disease treatments, restore patients to health, and find cures for bone marrow failure diseases.
- Arthritis Foundation
Investigator-initiated research and training awards to prevent, control, and cure arthritis.
- Arthritis Society
Providing arthritis research across Canada. Some investigator-initiated opportunities.
- Arthritis National Research Foundation
Investigator-initiated research for the prevention, treatment, and cure of arthritis and other rheumatic diseases.
- Association for International Cancer Research
Investigator-initiated fundamental research into the causes, mechanisms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer.
- Australian Academy of Science
Outstanding contributions to science, education and public awareness, science policy, and international relations.
- Australian Lung Foundation
Medical research into lung disease.
- Australian Research Council
Projects that deliver benefits to the community and make Australia's research more competitive globally.
- Australian Society for Microbiology
Training and career grants to advance the science of microbiology in Australia.
- Bayer Hemophilia Awards Program
Research and education in hemophilia.
- Beckman Foundation, Arnold and Mabel
Promotes research in chemistry and the life sciences, particularly to foster the invention of methods, instruments, and materials that will open up new avenues of research in science.
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Advances in health that are created for and shared with those who need them most.
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
Basic, strategic, and applied research in biological science.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds
Basic research in biomedicine.
- British Medical Association
- British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
Prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
- British Society for Haematology
Basic and clinical research and post-graduate education in hematology.
- Broad Medical Research Program
Research into Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund
Advancing biomedical sciences by supporting research.
- California Institute for Regenerative Medicine
Stem cell research, training, and facilities.
- Canadian Diabetes Association
Diabetes research, education, service, and advocacy.
- Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research
Investigator-initiated research into HIV and AIDS.
- Canadian Hemophilia Society
Investigator-initiated research into treatments and cures for bleeding disorders.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
Improvements in Canadian health, health services, and health care.
- Canadian Lung Association
Investigator-initiated research into chronic lung diseases and infectious diseases like tuberculosis, flu, and pneumonia.
- Cancer Council Australia
Research into cancer therapies.
- Cancer Research Institute
Investigator-initiated research into immunologic approaches to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer.
- Cancer Research UK
Cancer research, including basic, clinical, and translational research.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Research into infectious diseases and toxins, HIV and AIDS, and emergency response.
- Chronic Granulomatous Disorder Society
Investigator-initiated research into the cause, inheritance, diagnosis, management, and treatment of Chronic Granulomatous Disorder.
- Concern Foundation
Investigator-initiated cancer research, including genetics, cell biology, and immunology.
- CSL Behring Foundation
Grant application deadlines have passed. Check back for updates.
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation
Investigator-initiated research into the causes, mechanisms, therapies, and prevention of cancer.
- Dana Foundation
Brain research in neuroscience and immunology.
- Department of Defense
Research on breast, prostate, and ovarian cancers, neurofibromatosis, military health, and other specified areas.
- Diabetes Action Research and Education Foundation
Investigator-initiated research related to diabetes, especially alternative, complementary, integrative, and nutritional therapies.
- Diabetes Australia
Research into the prevention, cure, and treatment of diabetes.
- Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation
Investigator-initiated research on finding the cause, prevention, treatment, and cure of diabetes and its complications.
- Diabetes UK
Investigator-initiated research into care, treatment, cause, prevention, and cure of diabetes.
- Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
Investigator-initiated clinical research into biomedical discoveries that improve human health.
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Investigator-initiated research into HIV and AIDS.
- Ellison Medical Foundation
Biomedical research on aging.
- European Commission
Investigator-initiated research through its Seventh Framework Programme , also called FP7.
- Fanconi Anemia Research Fund, Inc.
Investigator-initiated and targeted research into bone marrow transplantation.
- Food Allergy Initiative
Investigator-initiated research into the treatment and cure of food allergies.
- Friends for an Earlier Breast Cancer Test
Investigator-initiated research into new methods to improve early detection of breast cancer, particularly in the areas of biological or immunologic detection.
- Gateway for Cancer Research
Investigator-initiated, innovative, integrative, and complementary phase I and phase II cancer clinical studies.
- Global Polio Eradication Initiative
Investigator-initiated research to implement and evaluate the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) Strategic Plan 2010 to 2012.
- Global Probiotics Council (GPC)
Investigator-initiated research on the role of non-commercial strains of probiotics and gastrointestinal microbiota in health and wellness.
- Grand Challenges in Global Health
Investigator-initiated health research projects to encourage scientific and technological innovation to solve key health problems in the developing world, sponsored by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Hereditary Disease Foundation
Research to identify and understand the basic defect in Huntington's disease, particularly through study of trinucleotide expansions, animal models, gene therapy, neurobiology and development of the basal ganglia, cell survival and death, or intercellular signaling in striatal neurons.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Investigator-initiated biomedical research and science education.
- Human Frontier Science Program
Investigator-initiated life sciences research with innovative, interdisciplinary approaches.
- Immune Tolerance Network
Investigator-initiated clinical trials in kidney and liver transplantation; autoimmune diseases; allergy and asthma, as well as tolerance assay and mechanistic studies.
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
Investigator-initiated research, patient care, education, public health, and prevention related to infectious diseases.
- International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
Investigator-initiated research into advancing the science and treatment of end-stage heart and lung diseases.
- International Society for Infectious Diseases
Investigator-initiated research into infectious diseases, microbiology, HIV and AIDS.
Research into a cure for type 1 diabetes and diabetes-related complications.
- Lady Tata Memorial Trust
Research on leukaemogenic agents, and the epidemiology, pathogenesis, immunology and genetic basis of leukaemia and related diseases.
- LAM Foundation
Investigator-initiated research to lead to an effective treatment for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM).
- Leukaemia Research Fund
Research into leukemia and other blood disorders.
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Research into blood cancer research, education, and patient services.
- Leukemia Research Foundation
Research into leukemia, lymphoma, and myelodysplastic syndrome.
- Life Sciences Research Foundation
Research of the life sciences: biochemistry; cell, developmental, molecular, plant, structural, organismic population and evolutionary biology; endocrinology; immunology; microbiology; neurobiology; physiology; virology.
- Lupus Foundation of America
Research into the causes of and cure for lupus.
- Lupus Research Institute
Research into the cause of, treatment of, and cure for lupus.
- Lymphoma Research Foundation
Research into the treatment and cure of lymphoma.
- Medical Research Council
Research on a wide spectrum of medical sciences in universities, hospitals and in MRC units, centers, and institutes in the UK and Africa.
- Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV)
Research on curing malaria, finding new classes of antimalarials, and blocking transmission of malaria.
- Melanoma Research Alliance (MRA)
Research for more effective options for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of melanoma. Includes study of the interactions between the human immune system and cancer.
- Mizutani Foundation for Glycoscience
Investigator-initiated basic studies in the field of glycoscience.
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation
Research into various areas of multiple myeloma research, including immunology, immunotherapy, and transplantation.
- Multiple Sclerosis Research Australia
Research into a cure for multiple sclerosis.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
Research to develop treatments for the muscular dystrophies and related Diseases of the neuromuscular system.
- Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation
Research on allograft transplantation.
- National Association for Colitis and Crohn's Disease
Research into inflammatory bowel diseases.
- National Blood Foundation
Research and education into transfusion medicine and blood banking.
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
Infectious Diseases Society of America
- National Health and Medical Research Council
Supporting health and medical research in Australia.
- National Hemophilia Foundation
Research grants and career awards for the investigation of bleeding disorders such as hemophilia and von Willebrand disease at the subcellular, cellular, animal, or patient level.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Investigator-initiated research into prevention, treatment, and cure of multiple sclerosis. Areas of research include immunologic basis of MS, biology of glia and myelin, and infectious triggers and risk factors.
- National Psoriasis Foundation
Research to identify the genetic and environmental causes of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- National Science Foundation
Funds research and education in most fields of science and engineering.
- New York Community Trust
Basic laboratory research for a better understanding of leprosy and its bacterial agent.
- NFL Charities
Research that addresses some risk factors for football players and all people with active lifestyles, with emphasis on concussion and traumatic brain injury, cardiovascular research, and methicillin-resistantStaphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections.
Clinical and pre-clinical research focusing on human protein therapies in immunotherapy, hematology, and intensive care and emergency medicine.Welcome to the Octapharma USA grants program
- Pan American Health and Education Foundation (PAHEF)
Research into tropical diseases and infection control.
Research on a range of topics, including antibiotics, vaccines, and transplantation.
- PhRMA Foundation
Research at many career levels to advance science in pharmacology, toxicology, informatics, pharmaceutics, and health outcomes.
- Prevent Cancer Foundation
Prevention and early detection of cancer through scientific research, education, and community outreach.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Many areas of health and health care; some biomedical research.
- Roche Organ Transplantation Research Foundation
Research projects relevant to organ transplantation.
- Thrasher Research Fund
Clinical and translational pediatric research, domestic and international.
- Triological Society
Clinical and basic research in otolaryngology.
- Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance
Research focused on tuberous sclerosis complex.
- Wellcome Trust
Research into human and animal health, mostly investigator-initiated.
- World Allergy Organization
Education, research, and training in allergy, immunology, and clinical care.WAO does not offer research, training, or career development grants at this time. Sign up for its E-Letter Registration for more information on its programs.
- World Health Organization
Research in areas relevant to the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases .